Sunday 19 February 2012

Memories

They come here to me,
In a blazing flash of light
they make me see,
Sometimes vague,sometimes clear
Impalpable like mirror images
but still very much near,


Fragrance from a garden of roses,
Flesh on a piece of burning coal,
Any one out of them is what i sense,
Whenever in my mind my memories roll


The burn makes me so helpless,
I cannot delete the past,i know,
But my inability to erase my memories
Makes me feel solemn and low,


The fragrance makes me desperate,
Desperate to bring all those moments back,
And make them stay foreverwith me
Instead of some distant shack,

The irony,the memories i want to let go
Come back with a greater speed,every time i try,
The ones i wish to keep are getting washed away
by waves of time's ocean,which refuses to dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment